Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vintage Sheets

A few months back I started picking up vintage sheets at Goodwill and the local Y Thrift store...not really knowing what I would make with them, but knowing that the cost of the fabric per yard is beyond awesome!  I haven't done much with them yet, and while I have some ideas I don't know what I'm going to do with the bulk of them.  But I do know I like them and I won't feel horrible if I don't love something I've made from one of them!
The first thing I made was an old lady robe.  I love it.  It's pink.  It has flowers.  It's lightweight.  Oh, and rick-rac.  I love rick-rac!  It's not perfect...but that's fine with me. 

This picture really shows the color pretty well...

Here's a skirt I whipped out using one of my sheets!  I really like it...but haven't worn it yet.  I can blame the weather in part...but really I'm just not sure that it's totally "ME."  I'm thinking I might wear it to school a day this week...weather permitting!

Other than a pair of pajama pants, the only other thing I've used my sheet stash for was the pillow backing for my Dresden plate pillow from this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment