Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Sewing Lesson

I started sewing when I was 6 years old.  My Mom and Dad could tell that I loved to do creative things, so they signed me up for sewing lessons through my aunt's neighbor.  I went every Wednesday for an hour all through elementary school (1st-6th grades).  I made vests, dresses, and every Christmas a new polar fleece neck warmer...you know, because that's necessary for Michigan winters!  With everything I sewed I used Gutermann thread.  I wan't allowed to use anything else on the sewing teachers machines.  That was a rule.  Now, a decade later, I still stick to Gutermann.  I've never bought anything else.  It was just habit to pick up a spool of Gutermann everytime I started a new project.  It would be betrayal to sew with anything else, right?  

Well, Bitsy found a BRAND NEW spool of white thread awhile ago.  ---Brand.Stinking.New---  She decided to pull it all apart as I sat at my machine, earbuds in, and completely unaware of what she was doing. 
 Here's her handiwork.  She destroyed it.  Totally and completely.  It was a challenge though, I'm sure of that.  She was quiet for a long time.  I knew that even with my earbuds in...I just thought she was napping, or chewing a bone.  What makes me the maddest is knowing that I didn't have a 40% off coupon when I bought it at JoAnn's.  So there goes $5.  Not the end of the world...but still a bummer!
Silly pup wanted it again...a week or two later when I finally got around to taking a picture of it.  Lesson learned: Don't leave thread out at puppy level...ever.  Thankfully this is one of a small handful of things Bitsy has destroyed.  She's been a great dog and with the exception of her toys she really hasn't wrecked anything of great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment