Monday, February 21, 2011

Bib Tie Necklace

 My friend, Lauren, saw ties similar to these...a really long time ago...and asked me to give it a whirl!  Over Christmas break Lauren gave me two of her Dad's old ties, but I was incredibly intimidated at having to hand sew a large portion of it, so I just kept putting it off.  When I finally gave it a shot I realized it wasn't so bad!  If anything it's really just making sure I put the pleats in the right spot so that it lay's nicely.  I picked up a few more ties this weekend to make sure I know what I'm doing...so hopefully I can make a few more, and really get how to make them before I totally move on to another project!  One of the ties I picked up is MAROON (VT Hokies?).  I'll have to pick up a cute Tech pin at the bookstore to make it a game day necklace.  Should be fun!   
I made a pin out of a 50 pence coin from a recent trip to the UK.
This is one of the 10 cent zippers from the Y Thrift Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment