Monday, November 8, 2010

New (to us) Side Table

I have been hunting for a new side table for what seems like f.o.r.e.v.e.r!  I gave up after awhile figuring I would bump into the right one eventually.  Well, I finally found a winner!  I ran into Goodwill to see if a dresser was still there, but found this instead!  It was $3.95, so I had to pick it up!  Clearly, with deals like this, Goodwill has become favorite of this Dutch girl in recent months.
I sanded it down some, put a few coats of spray paint primer on, and then added two coats of color.  I had leftover paint from another project, so our "new" table is now "Celery Sticks" green by Glidden. 




Here's Bitsy in the "BEFORE" destressing stage...





Jon helped by adding new holes for the knob.  

Here is the new hardware.  This also shows the color pretty well!




Here's the ALMOST finished product!  Not too bad!  I still need to sand down the legs a bit more...but so far, I LOVE IT!  

Cost Breakdown:
Table- $3.95
Spray Paint Primer- $3.10
Paint- "Free" (Since I already had it)
Paint Brush- $4.98
Knob- $4.95
TOTAL: $16.98



No comments:

Post a Comment