Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jewelry Display

How fun is this?  I have seen several of these photo frame jewelry displays over the last few years and decided that it's about time I made myself one!  I picked up a picture frame from Goodwill, a few things from Home Depot, repurposed drawer knobs from another project, and a necklace chain from Michaels.  With the help of my husband and the wood shop teacher at school, I managed to put it all together!  It ended up a bit more expensive than I had originally hoped, but even so, it wasn't so bad!  If I can find other things to use the screen for it will bring down the cost of it, right?

Drilling holes for the necklace knobs!


Cost Breakdown
Frame- $1.98
Paint- $2.97
Sponge Paint Brush- $.50
Screen- $6.95
"OOK" Ring Hangers- $2.50
Washers (to tighten knobs)- $.48
Chain- $2.50
TOTAL= $17.88



No comments:

Post a Comment