Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yo-Yo's

Over Christmas break I spent a day making headbands with one of my favorite cousins.  While shopping for our supplies at my favorite fabric store we found a yo-yo tool.  I have seen a lot of cool things to make with yo-yo's recently, so we went ahead and bought the tool...let me just say they are SO EASY to make! You just have to snap the pieces around the fabric, cut the fabric closely around the yo-yo maker and sew in the guided holes.  Then you pull you string tight and tie it off. 

Once we were back in Virginia, I picked up a few more sizes of the yo-yo maker at Jo-Ann's.  I think I want to eventually make a table runner to put on our book shelves.  We have a plain-jane one on it now so the TV stand doesn't scratch the top of the book shelves...but I think a fun yo-yo runner would look really cute!  I guess though it would be a bit of a shame that most of it would be covered...so we'll see! 
Clover Yo-Yo Maker

There is a sewing blog, Sew Mama Sew!, that puts up a quite a few neat sewing tutorials.  There is one specifically about how to make yo-yo's without a nifty yo-yo maker.  This tutorial also shows several different items you can make using yo-yo's.  I'm not sure how to link the tutorial as it opens up as a PDF...however, you can see a pillow made with yo-yo's on her site.Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment