Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fun Finds

Yesterday was supposed to be a teacher work day, because exams had just finished the day before.  I say "supposed to be" because we were sent home at 10:30 due to a wintery-mix (sleet/freezing rain/snow).  However, by the time I left nothing was falling from the sky!  Soooo what better to do but swing by the wonderful Goodwill on my way home?  While on my way I realized that I would be driving right by the Y Thrift Center.  Now don't get me wrong, I like the Y just fine, but I have only stopped in there a few times and have found that their prices seem to be higher for sweaters and furniture, the two items I look for the most.  This particular day may have completely renewed my love for the Y Thrift Center!  They have a small section of fabric remnents and other notions! 
I was so excited to find vintage zippers for 10 cents a piece!  They had a ton, but I really only wanted the long ones.  I might go back later for the short ones...I mean come on 10 cents! 
I also snagged a Martha Stewart Living magazine for 25 cents. Granted it's one from last spring, but it'll be new info to me!  The wooden beads were a whopping 20 cents.  I have been wanting to make this necklace for several months, so now I just need to pick up the bigger beads, paint them and pick up some ribbon.  The biggest purchase was the bias tape for a $1.  Still a deal though compared to buying it new!

The fabric might have been a dumb purchase...but for 19 and 29 cents a yard (roughly) I knew I could find something to use it for!  The colors and patterns probably aren't ones I would go for if shopping at a fabric store...but I only spent 97 cents for close to FOUR yards of fabric!!!  I'll wash them and add them to my stash!

 All in all I was pretty happy with my purchases!  I spent $3.27!  While some of the stuff at the Y Thrift is more expensive, some of it is really cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment