Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Second Bedroom

We live in a two bedroom apartment.  A rather small two bedroom apartment.  The second room is the catch all for everything.  .e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.  Seriously...tools, sewing stuff, camping gear, "pantry" food items, a bread maker, serving platters, and sports equipment (just to name a few things) have all found a "home" in this room.  It's not ideal, but since we don't have a basement, or other storage room,  a few shelves have helped us store our junk.  Up until this past fall the second room has been the storage room/office.  Then, a few months ago, one of our neighbors gave us a bed they were getting rid of.  We were excited, but we had no idea how we could make it all fit.  We got rid of a LOT of stuff and moved things around to open up enough space for the bed.  It's not perfect, but it's a ton better than it used to be!

Bits likes the new pillow!  I  found an easy Dresden plate tutorial and I am pleased with the results!  No idea where I found the tutorial though...I think I forgot to bookmark it.  :(  The white background is actually one of my vintage sheets.
I don't know that I love the mirror there...but I like the way the three frames go together!  The squirrel print on the left is from etsy shop CacheCache and the print on the right is from Kantan.  The print on the right says "You must not forget to pray night and morning everyday."  I have to confess that I didn't pick either print out on my own.  I saw them both in a different blog and thought they looked great with my sweet Goodwill curtains (only $3.99!!!).  The "art" above the frames was made with toilet paper rolls and the hot glue gun (tutorial here)!  I painted the mirror and frames with paint I already had from other projects...so it isn't a perfect match, but I like it.  The "quilt" is from Target. 
That's all.  I'm not showing you what the rest of the room looks like.  (It's not pretty...not pretty at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment